Blue star paper has got 2 sections. Firstly you need to clear the Aptitude test. It is very easy. Some of the ques are as follows:
1.Complete the series
1 6 3 7 5 8 7 ?
2. If circle is one octagon is
2 4 6 8 or 10
3.Pick the odd one out
bend shave chop whittle shear
4.2 persons start from a pt. and go in opposite directions. After going 3 km they turn left and walk 4 km .how far r they now?
Ans: 10 km
5. There was a ques on work something like 2 typists type 2 papers in 4 hrs then in how much time will 5 typists take or something like that
6. There were 2 ques on proverbs u were supposed to tell the meaning. They were easy.
7. A person runs 6 ft in 1/4 sec. how much it will run in 10 sec.
8. Find odd one
9. In a party man & his wife ,and there r 2 son with their wives, and every son has 4 children in his family .how many person r in party.
10. Unscramble the word P U T E C A S
A H (like that)
11. add a word in starting of SCAPE and at the end of Grass, u will get two different word
13. All men of this party are republican .
mohan is member of this party.
mohan is republican
is true or false or can't say?
14. There are 1200 elephant .some have blue and pink strips.some have pink & green strip. 400 ele. have only pink strip. how many have only blue strip
b. can't determined.
15. DAY LIGHT DAY BREAK DAY TIME ANS:- DAY.
After clearing aptitude there was technical paper. It had 2 sections.
In section A there were 4 subsections out of which 2 were to be attempted. the first subsection was on c and unix, second on c++,third on vb/asp/com and fourth on rdbms.
In section B general computer awareness.
Some ques were as follows
extern int a;
1. give linker error- a not defined ans
2. print 10
3. give compiler error
will compiler show any error?
3.socket() is a
1.system call ans
2. library function
in c++ there were conceptual ques on virtual
functions , operator overloading etc.
in section B some ques were as follows
1.in microprocessor over clocking will result in
3.life would be half
3.how can pass an array to a fns.
4.unix has pipelining fromatted &
d. none "
5. task switching is
4.all of the above ans
6.thread arev ans .light weight
7. virual fns are defined as ................
8. which is not bus interface
9. switch statement use only
d.all of the above
10. multiple inheritence can not be used in a
11. what is difference b/w simple SQDL & Object
12. Virtual Destructor is
13. question on two pass assembler
14. link list uses
a.countiguos memory allocation
b. non coun. " "
15. non linear structure
a. q & stack
ans:- b.tree & graph
c. tree & stack
d. tree & linklist
16. encryption is
ans a. change readable code to cipher text
17. sizeof () operator is used for
b. data type & veriable
ans c. both
18. deadlock condition
ans. no process knows exactly that both are
waiting for each other.
ans:- it's initial value is one --- not true
new can be overloaded ------ true
virtual function------- ans a and c
means no code and forceful inheritance
ans:- infinite loop
Only three unix questions were there
1) socket() is a
answer: a) system call
2) two types of pipeline in unix one is formatted and other one is
none ( i don't answer for this question pls check it out)
1 CAN foreign key have null values??
2 IN RDbms SORTING IS PERFORMED IN
3. SIMILIAR TYPE QUESTION EXACTLY I DON'T REMEMBER BUT IT GOES LIKE THIS
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT FOR RDBMS
ANSWER IS SYSTEM
Cisco Sample Paper
COMPUTER AWARENESS TEST
1.In the command scanf, h is used for
Ans. Short int
2.A process is defined as
Ans. Program in execution
3.A thread is
Ans. Detachable unit of executable code)
4.What is the advantage of Win NT over Win 95
Ans. Robust and secure
5.How is memory management done in Win95
Ans. Through paging and segmentation
6.What is meant by polymorphism
Ans. Redfinition of a base class method in a derived class
7.What is the essential feature of inheritance
Ans. All properties of existing class are derived
8.What does the protocol FTP do
Ans. Transfer a file b/w stations with user authentification
9.In the transport layer ,TCP is what type of protocol
Ans. Connection oriented
10.Why is a gateway used
Ans. To connect incompatible networks
11.How is linked list implemented
Ans. By referential structures
12.What method is used in Win95 in multitasking
Ans. Non preemptive check
13.What is meant by functional dependency
14.What is a semaphore
Ans. A method synchronization of multiple processes
15.What is the precedence order from high to low ,of the symbols ( ) ++ /
Ans.( ) , ++, /
16.Preorder of A*(B+C)/D-G
18. B-tree (failure nodes at same level)
19. Dense index (index record appers for every search -key in file)
20.What is the efficiency of merge sort
Ans. O(n log n)
21.A program on swaping ( 10,5 )was given (candidate cannot recollect)
22.In which layer are routers used
Ans.In network layer
23.In which layer are packets formed ( in network layer )
24.heap ( priority queue )
25.copy constructor ( constant reference )
26.Which of the following sorting algorithem has average sorting behavior --
Bubble sort,merge sort,heap sort,exchange sort
Ans. Heap sort
27.In binary search tree which traversal is used for getting ascending order values--Inorder ,post order,preorder
28.What are device drivers used for
Ans.To provide software for enabling the hardware
29. Irrevalent to unix command ( getty)
30.What is fork command in unix
Ans. System call used to create process
31.What is make command in unix
Ans. Used forcreation of more than one file
32.In unix .profile contains
Ans. Start up program
33.In unix echo is used for ( answer C)
34.In unix 'ls 'stores contents in
1.In a class composed of x girls and y boys what part of the class is composed of girls
A.y/(x + y)
C.x/(x + y)
2.What is the maximum number of half-pint bottles of cream that can be filled with a 4-gallon can of cream(2 pt.=1 qt. and 4 qt.=1 gal)
3.If the operation,^ is defined by the equation x ^ y = 2x + y,what is the value of a in 2 ^ a = a ^ 3
4.A coffee shop blends 2 kinds of coffee,putting in 2 parts of a 33p. a gm. grade to 1 part of a 24p. a gm.If the mixture is changed to 1 part of the 33p. a gm. to 2 parts of the less expensive grade,how much will the shop save in blending 100 gms.
5.There are 200 questions on a 3 hr examination.Among these questions are 50 mathematics problems.It is suggested that twice as much time be spent on each maths problem as for each other question.How many minutes should be spent on mathematics problems
6.In a group of 15,7 have studied Latin, 8 have studied Greek, and 3 have not studied either.How many of these studied both Latin and Greek
7.If 13 = 13w/(1-w) ,then (2w)2 =
8. If a and b are positive integers and (a-b)/3.5 = 4/7, then
(A) b <> a
(C) b = a
(D) b >= a
9. In june a baseball team that played 60 games had won 30% of its game played. After a phenomenal winning streak this team raised its average to 50% .How many games must the team have won in a row to attain this average?
10. M men agree to purchase a gift for Rs. D. If three men drop out how much more will each have to contribute towards the purchase of the gift/
11. A company contracts to paint 3 houses. Mr.Brown can paint a house in 6 days while Mr.Black would take 8 days and Mr.Blue 12 days. After 8 days Mr.Brown goes on vacation and Mr. Black begins to work for a period of 6 days. How many days will it take Mr.Blue to complete the contract?
12. 2 hours after a freight train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the same station travelling in the same direction at an average speed of 16 km/hr. After travelling 4 hrs the passenger train overtakes the freight train. The average speed of the freight train was?
13. If 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y = ?
1. The office staff of XYZ corporation presently consists of three bookeepers--A, B, C and 5 secretaries D, E, F, G, H. The management is planning to open a new office in another city using 2 bookeepers and 3 secretaries of the present staff . To do so they plan to seperate certain individuals who don't function well together. The following guidelines were established to set up the new office
I. Bookeepers A and C are constantly finding fault with one another and should not be sent together to the new office as a team
II. C and E function well alone but not as a team , they should be seperated
III. D and G have not been on speaking terms and shouldn't go together
IV Since D and F have been competing for promotion they shouldn't be a team
1.If A is to be moved as one of the bookeepers,which of the following cannot be a possible working unit.
2.If C and F are moved to the new office,how many combinations are possible
3.If C is sent to the new office,which member of the staff cannot go with C
4.Under the guidelines developed,which of the following must go to the new office
5.If D goes to the new office,which of the following is/are true
I.C cannot go
II.A cannot go
III.H must also go
C.I and II only
D.I and III only
2.After months of talent searching for an administrative assistant to the president of the college the field of applicants has been narrowed down to 5--A, B, C, D, E .It was announced that the finalist would be chosen after a series of all-day group personal interviews were held.The examining committee agreed upon the following procedure
I.The interviews will be held once a week
II.3 candidates will appear at any all-day interview session
III.Each candidate will appear at least once
IV.If it becomes necessary to call applicants for additonal interviews, no more 1 such applicant should be asked to appear the next week
V.Because of a detail in the written applications,it was agreed that whenever candidate B appears, A should also be present.
VI.Because of travel difficulties it was agreed that C will appear for only 1 interview.
1.At the first interview the following candidates appear A,B,D.Which of the follwing combinations can be called for the interview to be held next week.
2.Which of the following is a possible sequence of combinations for interviews in 2 successive weeks
3.If A ,B and D appear for the interview and D is called for additional interview the following week,which 2 candidates may be asked to appear with D?
A.I and II
B.I and III only
C.II and III only
D.III and IV only
4.Which of the following correctly state(s) the procedure followed by the search committee
I.After the second interview all applicants have appeared at least once
II.The committee sees each applicant a second time
III.If a third session,it is possible for all applicants to appear at least twice
D.Both I and II
3. A certain city is served by subway lines A,B and C and numbers 1 2 and 3
When it snows , morning service on B is delayed
When it rains or snows , service on A, 2 and 3 are delayed both in the morning and afternoon
When temp. falls below 30 degrees farenheit afternoon service is cancelled in either the A line or the 3 line,
but not both.
When the temperature rises over 90 degrees farenheit, the afternoon service is cancelled in either the line C or the
3 line but not both.
When the service on the A line is delayed or cancelled, service on the C line which connects the A line, is delayed.
When service on the 3 line is cancelled, service on the B line which connects the 3 line is delayed.
Q1. On Jan 10th, with the temperature at 15 degree farenheit, it snows all day. On how many lines will service be
affected, including both morning and afternoon.
Q2. On Aug 15th with the temperature at 97 degrees farenheit it begins to rain at 1 PM. What is the minimum number
of lines on which service will be affected?
Q3. On which of the following occasions would service be on the greatest number of lines disrupted.
(A) A snowy afternoon with the temperature at 45 degree farenheit
(B) A snowy morning with the temperature at 45 degree farenheit
(C) A rainy afternoon with the temperature at 45 degree farenheit
(D) A rainy afternoon with the temperature at 95 degree farenheit
4. In a certain society, there are two marriage groups, red and brown. No marriage is permitted within a group. On marriage, males become part of their wives groups; women remain in their own group. Children belong to the same group as their parents. Widowers and divorced males revert to the group of their birth. Marriage to more than one person at the same time and marriage to a direct descendant are forbidden
Q1. A brown female could have had
I. A grandfather born Red
II. A grandmother born Red
III Two grandfathers born Brown
(A) I only
(B) III only
(C) I, II and III
(D) I and II only
Q2. A male born into the brown group may have
(A) An uncle in either group
(B) A brown daughter
(C) A brown son
(D) A son-in-law born into red group
Q3. Which of the following is not permitted under the rules as stated.
(A) A brown male marrying his father's sister
(B) A red female marrying her mother's brother
(C) A widower marrying his wife's sister
(D) A widow marrying her divorced daughter's ex-husband
Q4. If widowers and divorced males retained their group they had upon marrying which of the following would be permissible ( Assume that no previous marriage occurred)
(A) A woman marrying her dead sister's husband
(B) A woman marrying her divorced daughter's ex-husband
(C) A widower marrying his brother's daughter
(D) A woman marrying her mother's brother who is a widower.
Q5. I. All G's are H's
II. All G's are J's or K's
III All J's and K's are G's
IV All L's are K's
V All N's are M's
VI No M's are G's
Q1. If no P's are K's which of the following must be true
(A) No P is a G
(B) No P is an H
(C) If any P is an H it is a G
(D) If any P is a G it is a J
Q2. Which of the following can be logically deduced from the stated conditions
(A) No M's are H's
(B) No H's are M's
(C) Some M's are H's
(D) No N's are G's
Q3. Which of the following is inconsistent with one or more conditions
(A) All H's are G's
(B) All H's are M's
(C) Some H's are both M's and G's
(D) No M's are H's
Q4. The statement "No L's are J's" is
I. Logically deducible from the conditions stated
II Consistent with but not deducible from the conditions stated
III. Deducible from the stated conditions together with the additional statements "No J's are K's"
(A) I only
(B) II only
(C) III only
(D) II and III only